What is Ceramic Coating?
Professional grade car ceramic coating is a chemical polymer that is applied to the exterior of a vehicle to protect it from external paint damage. Typically applied by hand, it blends with the paint of your car and creates an additional hydrophobic layer of protection.
Due to this chemical bonding and creation of a new layer, the car’s factory paint job remains untouched.
Ceramic Coating, in reality, is an alternative to waxing. The main idea is to prevent dirt, grime, and stain marks from appearing on your paintwork and ruining the clear coat.
Ceramic coating, also sometimes called 9H Nano Ceramic coating (pH references the hardness of the coating) is a semi-permanent solution, it does not degrade in normal atmospheric conditions like rain, summer or winter.
Car Ceramic Coating advantages and benefits.
- Protection from Harmful UV Rays.
- You can only imagine the damage that the sun’s harmful UV rays can do to your car’s paintwork. Ceramic coating will protect your car’s paint from oxidisation, preventing it from fading and looking dull. This is important if your car is parked outside.
- Protection from Chemical Stains.
- Chemical stains arising from acidic contaminants in the air is another potential damage to your car. A coating will prevent these contaminants from bonding into the paint.
- Hydrophobic water behaviour, Ease of Cleaning.
- When it comes to waxing and other types of detailing, washing your car can be a headache. With ceramic coating, you don’t have to worry about the coating wearing off.
- Ceramic coating bonds with your car’s paintwork and also repels water. This means that all water-based grime will bead on the surface and eventually slide off. A quick jet wash and snow foam and you have yourself a clean, glossy car.
- Ultimate finish & Gloss.
- Ceramic Coating is for those who want an ultimate shine finish. It will give your car a deep glossy look, bringing the best out of the original paintwork.